I love to work with inspiring people.
- Coaching young passionate people to become their absolute best. Helping them to become leaders for their communities and recognise the power they have to affect change.
- Meeting other entrepreneurs around the world to collaborate with.
- “The Smart Guide to Teaching English in Japan” – the paperback of my book has just been released worldwide, and I’m really happy to be able to reach more people with this work.
- “The New Pioneers Academy” – I’m really passionate about helping young people prepare for the world of work that they will enter. I remember what it felt like to leave university with no idea what I wanted to do. I want to support young people’s education and help them have direction and a realistic chance of achieving their dreams when they leave high schools and universities.
I really like Simon’s message of working on things that inform your “why” – your mission in life. I’ve been discovering and rediscovering this since I watched Simon’s TED talk on the same subject, but only when I took this course and really delved into the topic deeply did I figure out how this would work for me, and before finishing I already have a much clearer vision in my head of why I’m doing what I’m doing.
I’ve been really lax on my Japanese study for the past few years because I felt like I didn’t need it. Now I’m starting a school here in Tokyo, and I realise that I need Japanese now, and it needs to be much much better. I’m getting back into study, pushing myself to learn a lot more and improve my skills so I can confidently speak.
No use beating myself up about not studying harder theser past few years. The best time to start was five years ago, but the second best time to start is right now.
- ‘The War of Art‘ by Steven Pressfield
What an amazing book. This is all about overcoming Resistance (that which stops you from doing your work) and it has really helped me to stop procrastinating.
- “12 Rules For Life – An Antidote to Chaos” by Jordan B. Peterson
I’m really interested to get into this one. While I don’t agree with a lot of what Peterson says in his YouTube channel, I absolutely agree with his message about getting your house in order and taking responsibility for your future. When you realise that you have ultimate power over your destiny, you stop making excuses and you start doing what you were born to do.